How to withdraw ETH. Here is how to transfer ETH to your Ledger Nano S device
If you would like to withdraw ETH (Ethereum) from IceCubed exchange to your Ledger Nano S device. You need to get your Ethereum wallet address from your Ledger Nano S that you will be withdrawing to, copy it, and paste it into the ‘Address’ field during your withdraw process on the exchange.
Steps to withdraw ETH to your Ledger Nano:
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer
- Enter your PIN code
- Open the Ethereum application on your device
- Set “Browser support” to “NO” (disable this setting)
- Launch your Ethereum Chrome application on your computer
- Select ETH if you want to manage Ethereum or ETC if you want to manage Ethereum Classic
- Click on the down arrow (receive), a popup opens
- Copy the HEX address which is displayed (The numbers and letters starting with ‘0x’)
- In Ice Cubed exchange go to your Account page, and click the ‘Withdraw‘ link for your ETH currency
- Type the amount of ETH you would like to withdraw
- Paste the address that you copied from your Ledger Nano S into the ‘Address’ field
- Click the ‘Withdraw’ button
While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronised on your wallet when you open it.
Why withdraw and other crypto currencies to a Ledger Nano S Hardware wallet?
Well a hardware wallet is probably the safest and least accident prone method of storing and spending your coins. Ether, Bitcoin and Litecoin are currently supported on these devices. You can be confident and secure in the knowledge that your investment is not only secure and protected, but that no one but you have control over it. It can not be confiscated or frozen by anyone or any organisation. These are just some of the reasons why you should keep your coins in a wallet where you control the private keys and not leave your coins on an exchange or use an exchange as a wallet. Hardware wallets are also great to track and manage income from mining, facets and affiliate programs.